About Istanbul Bilgi University
Adopting the principle of “no study, biographical study” (learning is not for school but for life), Istanbul Bilgi University took its place in the Turkish system of higher education as a civic institution after the application submitted by Bilgi Education and Culture Foundation on June 7, 1996 and subsequent approval by the Grand National Assembly Turkish according to Law No. 4142.
Why Istanbul Bilgi University
- Respect for universal rights and freedoms
- Academic freedom and responsibility
- No separation between research and teaching
- Independence and autonomy
- Respect for pluralism and diversity
- Transparency and accountability
- Social responsibility
- international university
- It believes in the concept of lifelong learning and supports students to develop their abilities and skills
- English is the primary language of study
- Owns a center for talent management, support and encouragement (BİLGİTalent)
- It is interested in developing its educational curricula continuously
- The university has many study abroad programs that students participate in to broaden their horizons
- The university keeps pace with modern modern designs in halls, laboratories, and campus squares
- It has an international student advising office that works hard to help students adapt to the new academic life and provides them with many services that include: organizing social events, most notably a seminar to help them deal with cultural differences and other difficulties
- It has more than 600 active partnerships around the world making it the leading university for international programs in Turkey
- The university administration is interested in expanding its global relations and partnerships, as it is a member of the European Universities Association (EUA) and in several other international institutions
- The university’s alumni center develops the personal and professional skills of graduates and organizes projects and meetings to achieve this
- The university aims to become one of the best universities in the world
Istanbul Bilgi University in numbers
- Local ranking: 28
- International ranking: 1632
- Number of students: 20,000
- Faculties: 7
- Majors: 150+
- Institutes: 3
The most important recognition
recognition of the Turkish Yuk.
Istanbul Bilgi University continues to serve its students and the academic world in Turkey with its three campuses, covering approximately 210,000 square metres, which are Kuştepe, Dolapdere and santralistanbul.
In accordance with its motto “Learning for life, not just for studying”, Istanbul Bilgi University offers students a modern university life where they can develop themselves socially, academically and culturally. Life at Istanbul Bilgi University includes:
- Learning by doing and applying, through courses and equipped halls such as the legal courtroom, architecture workshops, engineering and healthcare laboratories, and art studios
- Organizing celebrations, seminars and conferences that host Nobel Prize-winning scientists and young entrepreneurs and provide
- students with multiple opportunities to listen to them, benefit from them and communicate with them
A rich library of books and electronic resources
- Over 100 student clubs for sports, the arts, academic issues, new ideas, projects and hobbies
Mission and vision
A mission vision – to be an international university that expands the boundaries of science and art, embraces freedom, takes the forefront of community development, and provides a place where students and faculty members share their passion for learning, where all members, both academic and administrative, share and dedicate themselves to this end .
Istanbul Bilgi University undertakes to contribute to science, artistic production and technology development; To educate individuals whose research and problem-solving skills have developed in an atmosphere of free thought and awareness of social responsibility, whose competencies meet international standards, and who, in addition to respecting the rules of ethics and professional objectivity, are also open to disciplinary approaches and community service within multidimensional standards of quality.