Istanbul AREL university
Istanbul Arel University is considered one of the best private universities in Turkey and was founded on May 18, 2007 by (Kemal Gozyukara), the Education Foundation and the Culture Foundation. The university is located on the European side of Istanbul. The university occupies a distinguished academic ranking in Turkey and is an important study destination for students from different countries of the world. Istanbul Arel University has a distinguished staff of 736 professors and experts at the highest level.
The university includes many faculties, institutes and vocational schools, including: the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Engineering and Architecture, the College of Communications, the College of Economic and Administrative Sciences, the College of Fine Arts, the College of Health Sciences, the College of Applied Sciences, the College of Foreign Languages, and two institutes: the Institute of Science and the Institute of social science.
The university includes more than 20 thousand students from different countries.
Vision of Istanbul Arel University
The vision of Istanbul Arel University is to become an internationally recognized educational and research institution, in addition to graduating individuals who can identify and analyze ever-changing social, cultural, economic and technological requirements, and carry out scientific research and innovative professional activities in order to meet these requirements.
Mission of Istanbul Arel University
Istanbul Arel University aims to provide education, research and social services in line with international quality standards and to raise the educational and cultural level of students in accordance with the principles and reforms of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. It is also interested in developing students’ critical and creative thinking skills.
Characteristics of Istanbul Arel University
- The university includes modern lecture halls equipped with the latest devices and equipment, and suitable for the number of students in the university. It also includes a number of laboratories equipped with the latest technological means and modern tools such as architecture engineering tools, drawing and design tools, and other engineering tools.
- Distance education: Where the university provides this system, and through it students can receive theoretical study materials through live videos without being linked to a specific place to receive lectures directly, and this educational system is preferred by students who work while studying
- Students can review the study materials through the official website of the university, where the university administration uploads the contents of the courses or study materials through the site
- The university administration is interested in encouraging students to conduct scientific research that provides the community with amazing results that benefit it from industrial and scientific progress
- Students at the university have the opportunity for practical training in some international companies that use modern technology, as the university has cooperation agreements with 2,500 commercial companies around the world, including Mercedes, and students also obtain experience certificates after training in these companies.
- The university develops constructive and creative ideas that depend on the entrepreneurial spirit of students and supports self-employment and entrepreneurial ideas
- The university has cooperation agreements with universities outside Türkiye, especially in the United States of America
University students can participate in the Erasmus student exchange programme
- International students can pay tuition fees in two installments
- The university includes a group of experts and psychologists who give advice to students and help them overcome the problems they encounter in their academic life.
- The university has a fitness hall and various sports such as tennis and yoga. And other rooms for playing chess
- Students can access the Internet for free in the laboratories and libraries on campus
- The university includes a university health care center for students equipped with the necessary health equipment and first aid materials
- Students can discuss their issues and problems through the Student Council
- The university library includes nearly 40,000 books on various scientific and literary subjects and branches
- The university also provides graduate students with assistance in obtaining a suitable job and assists them in preparing a CV and proper planning for the future and working life after graduation.
- The student must attend at least 70% of the lectures at the universi
- The language of instruction at the university is English and Turkish
- There is a preparatory year for studying the English language, which is compulsory for students studying majors available in English and not compulsory for students of Turkish language majors. Success is required this year, and the student can repeat it in case of failure. Students who have the following certificates are exempted from studying the preparatory year: IELTS certificate with a rate of 6.5, a TOEFL certificate with a rate of 80
- Some departments at the university need to pass technical ability tests to enter, such as graphic design, fashion design, and textiles
- The university has a number of vocational schools that teach students for two years to provide them with the experience they need in practical life. These schools aim to bring the requirements of practical life closer to the student and qualify him for it.
Student housing and transportation
It belongs to Istanbul Arel University student housing in the Tepekent area, and there are separate residences for male students and other residences for female students, and the residence includes well-equipped and comfortable rooms for students of different sizes according to the student’s desire.
The cost of student housing varies according to the size of the room and the resources available in it.
Each room includes all the facilities that students need, such as: washing machine, air conditioning, kitchen, and first aid materials. There are also many restaurants, student catering halls, and cafeterias. In addition to high speed internet.
As for transportation, the university provides free transportation services from student housing to the university and vice versa, seven days a week.