About Biruni university
Biruni University is one of the most powerful Turkish universities in Istanbul. The university was established to contribute to the academic fields and practical life through theoretical and applied scientific studies, applying the principles of thinking and working in a scientific way through research and development.
The university also seeks more cooperation with the universities of Europe, America, Asia, the Middle East and Africa by attending international conferences and exhibitions.
The university includes more than 6,000 students in various disciplines in 6 colleges, most notably the medical specializations (medicine, dentistry, pharmacy) that distinguish the university, in addition to one vocational school for health services.
The name of the university is inspired by the name of the venerable scholar Abu al-Rayhan al-Biruni, who was famous for his knowledge and contributions in many fields, especially in medicine, pharmacy, astronomy, mathematics, physics, geography and history. The purpose of choosing that name was to perpetuate the name of that scientist who engraved his name in history with his knowledge and ideas, and to follow his example and walk in his footsteps towards presenting more ideas and sciences that contribute to the development of society.
Advantages of studying at Biruni University
- The university provides many services that contribute to the development and advancement of society in the fields of education, health and culture
- It has a teaching staff with experience and competence, and the number of teachers reaches 300 teachers
- The university is located in the heart of Istanbul, easily accessible (Marmaray Kazlicesme station, within walking distance to Cevizlibag metro station, close to the Eurasian Tunnel)
- Developed, comprehensive and diversified study programs, under the supervision of faculty members, are designed to provide students with the opportunity to work on various projects, acquire a culture of research, explore individual talents and graduate competencies.
- Provides students with many international opportunities by developing cooperation with leading international health institutions in the field of education
- It has hospitals with advanced technology, as it is a university specialized in the field of health sciences
- It includes science and research laboratories equipped with the latest technology
- It has a comprehensive library of various references and multidisciplinary books
- The university is committed to making changes and modern developments in science and technology in the field of health in the stages of education and training
- It owns an Employment Center, which aims to help students and graduates plan their academic and professional goals and give them the necessary information in line with their professional goals and personal characteristics.
Why Biruni University
Biruni University offers an innovative approach to education through strong international collaboration and aims to educate pioneers with strong international connections.
To maintain this goal we are very keen to explore cooperation options with Europe, America, Asia, Middle East and Africa by attending international educational exhibitions such as NAFSA and EAIE.
Biruni University aims to enhance the strategy by increasing the mobility of students, faculty and administration staff, developing research and academic collaboration with global partners.
Biruni University in numbers
- Local ranking: 141
- International ranking: 7352
- Number of students: 6000
- Faculties: 6
- Specialties: 20
Vision and mission
To be a leading university recognized as a global and local touchstone with our education, research and services to provide undergraduate education that recognizes the responsibility to achieve the horizons of all mankind through the production and application of knowledge in the areas of healthcare; Respect the diversity and values of people. Meeting students’ expectations in global standards.