Istanbul okan university
About Istanbul Okan University:
It is one of the youngest universities in Turkey and one of the most dynamic in Turkey. It was established by the Okan Foundation for Culture, Education and Sports in the year (1999) and began with the beginning of the academic year (2003-2004). It ranks globally (4110) and on Turkey (66).
- The university is located in the city of Istanbul in the Asian section of the (Tepeören) region. Its location is distinguished because it is close to the Formula One F1 circuit, as well as Sabiha International Airport.
- The university includes a social center, a shopping center, and also a sports center that includes a gym, swimming pool, and a tennis court, in addition to many other sports such as a football field.
- Istanbul Okan University has more than 1,000 students from 70 different countries, has graduated nearly 21,000 students and offers 53 undergraduate and 58 postgraduate programs.
Research centers at Istanbul Okan University
- European Union Research Center: The center focuses on Turkish-European relations in their regional and global context. It aims to provide a space for researchers from various disciplines to share their work, research and experiences across Europe
- Computer and Application Research Center: It works to provide support for software, hardware and applications related to the educational, administrative, academic and research activities of Istanbul Okan University. The center also seeks to obtain the latest software, hardware and applications by tracking global technological developments.
- Center for Cultural Research and Studies: The center aims to provide an environment in which academics and students from different cultures can conduct intercultural dialogue from different angles and in an objective manner and prepare studies that create awareness about cultural contradictions and common denominators.
- Muhammad Yunus International Center: The Muhammad Yunus International Center for Finance and Social Business was launched based on the university’s social mission, which is to create social awareness and implement projects that benefit the community, and it is the first center of its kind in Turkey
Why Istanbul Okan University:
True to its motto, “The University Closest to Business Life”, Okan University effectively combines theory and practice by employing faculty members who are experts in their respective fields, adopting a contemporary approach to education, and focusing on practice-oriented studies that prepare students for business life , starting from the very first year of students. Indeed, the university, which had the pleasure of presenting its first graduates with their degrees in the period 2006-2007, has fulfilled the promise of its motto, as all members of its first class graduates have found employment.
Okan University aims to build a bridge between the academic world and the business world. To this end, the university enables students to work in companies as part of a business life preparation programme, starting in their first year. This program not only helps students to learn about business life and improve their knowledge and skills by putting theory into practice, but it also serves to motivate students as well. Students who successfully complete the Business Preparation Program are offered a Certificate of Participation along with other work experience certificates added to their degrees upon graduation.
– Okan University has cooperation protocols with commercial institutions such as the Foreign Economic Relations Council of Turkey, the Turkish Eurasian Business Council, the Information and Communication Technology Authority, the Turkish Contractors Association, the Association of Turkish Travel Agencies, International Transportation, the Association of Turkish Tourism Investors, Turkish Airlines, Airport Sabiha Gokcen International, Turkish Red Crescent, Festo Industrial Bus. Corporation, Akvirat Municipality, as well as academic institutions such as Peking University, Murray State University and Anadolu University.
– Okan University has university housing for male and female students. Dormitory facilities include study rooms, dining hall, cafeteria, cleaning and laundry service, security team working day and night to ensure the safety of students throughout the dormitory building, medical clinic with doctor on hand 7/24, wireless and cable internet.
Modern campus and facilities
:Istanbul Okan University campus is characterized by
- The finest architectural designs
- Advanced facilities, from modern classrooms and medical, engineering and technical laboratories to a large library and conference rooms
- It includes a fitness center, swimming pool, gymnasium, and various cafeterias and restaurants
Istanbul Okan University in numbers:
- Local ranking: 66
- International ranking: 4110
- Number of students: 21,000 students
- Number of colleges: 7 colleges
Local and international credits:
The university is distinguished in addition to the following local accreditations and accreditations
Eua – international association of uninversities -cimer -TUVU
ISO 27001 – ISO 22301
Mission and vision:
The university’s vision is to become a world-class university that contributes to the improvement of the nation and its business life by providing education of the highest standards thus preparing its students to enter the modern business world, ensuring that they are open to both domestic and foreign competition, and instilling them with social responsibility and environmental awareness.
The task is to train students to think in an analytical, interdisciplinary way, and to instill in them an entrepreneurial spirit.
To invest in supporting innovative scholars and scientists who are able to successfully integrate education and training, thereby helping our students to become exceptional graduates in their respective fields.
Focusing on educational and research activities geared towards meeting the needs of society by making social responsibility and environmental awareness our priority.
To convert information into technology and social benefit
The university closest to the business world
Istanbul Okan University effectively combines theory and practice in its educational curricula. It relies on a contemporary approach to education that emphasizes practice-oriented studies that prepare students for practical life starting from the first year at university. Where the university enables students to work in companies as part of the work-life preparation program. This program helps students learn about professional life and improve their knowledge and skills through the application of theoretical subjects. Students who successfully complete practical training are presented with a certificate, in addition to other work experience certificates that are added to their degrees upon graduation.
Institutions that Istanbul Okan University has a partnership with
- Turkish Council for Foreign Economic Relations
- Turkish Airlines
- Information and Communication Technology Authority
- Association of Turkish Travel Agencies
- A number of academic institutions such as Peking University and Anadolu University
Training centers at Istanbul Okan University
- Confucius Institute: students of the translation department are trained in it and it completes projects for compiling and translating Chinese language learning books into Turkish
- Culinary Arts Center: interested in teaching students the arts and secrets of Turkish and international cuisine
- Applied Learning and Research Center: Provides education and training with the latest technologies. The center also aims to provide the best learning environment for all students
- Lifelong Education Center: The center is concerned with training students and giving them experience certificates in various disciplines
- Foreign Language Centers: An example is the Istanbul Okan University Chinese Language Proficiency Test Center that conducts the Chinese Language Proficiency Test (HSK), the Chinese Speaking Test (HSKK), and the Chinese Language Test for Children and Youth (YCT).
Student activities at Istanbul Okan University
Social and cultural activities are an integral part of education at Istanbul Okan University. Seminars and conferences are organized at the university with the participation of specialists, and students are constantly encouraged to participate in social, cultural and sports activities. Through student clubs, regular trips to historical sites and tourist areas are organized through the Tourism Club.
In addition to the above, the Istanbul Okan University campus has various entertainment facilities for students, including: a cinema, cafeteria, and a shopping center, in addition to the sports center, which includes a gymnasium with a capacity of 400 people, a swimming pool, tennis courts, basketball, volleyball, and a football field.