Istinye University was established in 2015 to be an academic educational institution that produces knowledge through scientific research. Istinye University is one of the best Turkish universities located in Istanbul on the European side. The university is constantly updating its higher education system to keep pace with economic, social, cultural, political, scientific and technological developments. It also uses modern technologies in education and research, and gives great importance to the use of flexible teaching methods and eliminating the gap between academic educational curricula and the requirements of the business world.
Istinye University is distinguished in medical specialties. In addition to conducting advanced scientific research in this field, the university provides students with specialized practical training within the university’s hospitals, and cooperates with 3 of the largest hospitals in Turkey, including hospitals:
- Liv Hospital
- Medical Park
- VM Medical Park
Istinye University has two campuses:
- Topkapi Campus: It has an area of 46,000 square meters. It can be easily reached from anywhere in Istanbul. The Topkapi campus is distinguished by its modern technological infrastructure, and includes: 37 classrooms, 47 laboratories, 2 conference rooms, a library, a sports club, in addition to other sports, social and cultural facilities.
- South Campus: Home to the Health Services Vocational Schools. It includes an indoor sports hall and recreational spaces, a library, a 150-seat auditorium, 15 classrooms, 8 laboratories, an aircraft technology workshop and a medical examination room.
A third campus is under construction, which the university is working on equipping at the highest level with modern equipment and technologies.
Objectives of Istinye University
- Admission to international universities with an advanced academic level, by contributing to the production of new knowledge through its advanced performance in teaching and research and helping its students to become well-equipped in their diverse fields
- Expanding the scope of scientific research, and putting the results obtained through scientific developments into practice to meet the needs of society and overcome the problems facing it.
- Contribute to the progress of humanity and play an important role in the social, cultural, economic, scientific and technological development of society
- Equipping students with leadership skills, encouraging them to think critically and follow scientific and technological developments in the world, with the aim of graduating generations of young people who carry human and ethical values and directing them to appropriate work environments where they can employ these skills.
The vision of Istinye University is to exchange the academic knowledge it produces locally and internationally and to benefit from the different knowledge and experiences of scholars at the level of Turkey and the world at large. In addition to permanent work in the light of science and knowledge, in order to create a better future for future generations.
- By conducting education, research and social service activities in accordance with international standards, the university provides its students with advanced knowledge to keep abreast of developments in the world of technology and the arts.
- Contribute to the graduation of productive, qualified and intellectual individuals who bear the responsibility of contributing to the advancement of societies
- Giving priority to human values as a basis for research, planning, education and training
- Giving students the freedom to express their ideas, providing them with the skills to participate in social work, work within a team, and the ability to think analytically
- Respecting diversity within society, and preserving ethical values in scientific research
Istinye University cooperation with international universities and institutions
Istinye University cooperation with other institutions, in the following points:
- joint research studies
- Exchange of teachers and academics
- Develop student exchange programs
- Exchange of academic research data and technical projects
- Organizing academic and scientific activities such as conferences and seminars
- Publication and cooperation in various cultural activities